Running paperspace-python behind proxy

Hi, everyone. I have been trying to use paperspace-python's run interface to create a job with the workspace being a zip file. However, I am behind my institute proxy. To just check that everything works and to see how to save files, etc., I made a simple python script where I am copying data from one text file and saving it to another one in /storage and moving it from /storage to /artifacts in the file run.sh (below):

python test.py
mv /storage/* /artifacts

And when I run the following, my job starts perfectly:

paperspace-python run --command "bash run.sh"

However, now when I am trying to do the same by also uploading my actual data to be used for training, I get the following error:

{           
  "error": true, 
  "message": "HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.paperspace.io', port=443): Max retries
   exceeded with url: /jobs/createJob?project=Splice+Site+Prediction&workspaceFileName= 
   autoencoder_train.zip.zip&container=paperspace%2Ftensorflow-python&machineType=P5000& 
   name=AE+train&command=pip2+install+-r+requirements.txt% 0Abash+run.sh (Caused by
   ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', error(\"(110, 'ETIMEDOUT')\",)))"
}

Can anyone please help me with this?
The command used in the second case:

paperspace-python run --command "bash run.sh" --workspace autoencoder_train.zip  --req ../requirements.txt --project "Splice Site Prediction" --name "AE train"

Hmm let us look in to what’s happening. I’ll try to repro the issue locally and see what happens.

One thing that is unfortunately not super well documented is that the /artifacts directory has a size limit and might be getting overwhelmed. But it looks like you are getting that error before the job even runs so it might be something else.

@dte Thanks for your reply. Yes, the problem is that it’s not even running. I think the dataset size might be a problem, but I guess 3 GB should be not that large. There might the issue that my firewall is blocking the request locally itself, since it’s too large for it.

Unfortunately job workspaces are limited to 100MB at this time. If you have a 3GB dataset your best bet is to run a job with a curl command that puts the dataset in to your persistent drive (located at /storage). Then on subsequent runs you can run any code against that data. Does that make sense?

@dte Yup, makes sense perfectly. Got the job running. Thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

Just one small thing, there are no logs on the website after 2000 lines. So, how can I check the progress for the code using paperspace-python?

Hi there, that is a current limitation of the GUI that we are fixing ASAP. In the meantime you can grab the full logs using the CLI with paperspace jobs logs --jobId "j123abc"