Hyper v question

Im having trouble finding answers to this question. I am trying to download bluestacks for android emulation and it gives me an error message saying hyper v is enabled but when i go to the control panel it says it is disabled. im wondering if there is another feature that is causing bluestacks to think hyper v is enabled when its not. or does this virtual desktop use hyper v itself to run and thats whats causing this? i have tested on windows 7 and 10 machines and they both give me the same message. any help is appreciated.

Hi @Marcellus_Eccles We have an experimental “nested virtualization” feature which is available in Xen (our virtualization technology). However, we have not had any luck with Hyper-V :slightly_frowning_face: For now, we recommend launching multiple VMs if needed.

I tried to use virtualbox but it will not launch. Are there any confirmed vms that work in paperspace?

also is hyper v enabled by default since this is a virtualized environment? or is that not how it works?

Generally speaking, virtualizing an already virtual environment is not recommended. Nested virtualization is typically unstable and will lead to unpredictable behavior.

I will probably have to cancel my account if i cant get this program running. I have emailed support and they reply with answers that dance around my question. I simply ask if this virtual desktop utilizes hyper v because it is preventing me from using a program and they offer to turn on nested virtualization to fix it. I don’t think that question is too hard to answer. If the desktop doesn’t use hyper v in any way then there is some other hypervisor running that i have not been able to pinpoint. If its something that can be disabled without preventing the desktop itself from running then its an easy fix. any ideas anyone?