Game Controller Driver Issues

Can see at https://support.paperspace.com/hc/en-us/articles/236403407-USB-Redirection using the new Eltima Stub software integrated into Paperspace VMs it should be as easy as “enabling” USB Forwarding and then “install driver”, let PS VM restart and then simply select usb device from list to start “sharing” that device but …

… when trying to “share” a Xbox One Controller Eltima software can not install appropriate Xinput capable drivers so i never get a working controller using the native software to do this built into my PS VM.

Any suggestions for how to get Eltima software behaving like expected for forwarding USB xbox one controller?

Can confirm controller works with BT and with USB like expected on local windows 10 PC being used to run PS windows app to manage and run PS VM as well as have made sure no other apps like Steam or anything else that could be wanting to use controller on local PC is running.

Can appreciate Xbox controllers are plug and play in a physical windows 10 machine and xbox accessories app from ms store gets used to manage firmware updates etc but PS VMs are really running windows server 2019 and dont know enough about Eltima software or window server OS limitations to fix the obvious driver issues myself.

EDIT: Nvidia SHIELD Controller v1.04 works ootb plug and play

Ahh, yes, windows can be quite painful when dealing with Xinput.

Could you try using ScpVBus? easy to follow instructions as well as download can be found here. It provides an alternative way to install drivers created by nefarius, he’s done excellent work centred on game controllers.

Cheers